NYC Guide: Downtown Manhattan

Definitely my favourite area of New York. The neighbourhoods here are just amazing, from Tribeca, to Greenwich to Soho you just can't...


Definitely my favourite area of New York. The neighbourhoods here are just amazing, from Tribeca, to Greenwich to Soho you just can't get bored of this area of town.






WEATHER UP

Such a beautiful bar, I went quite early but apparently this place is super busy in the evening and judging by the amazing cocktails and friendly staff I'm not surprised. 





UNION SQUARE

I won't lie, I was only in Union Sq because its a stones throw from Max Brenners  an amazing chocolate restaurant which should also be on your to do list! However this is a people watchers dream and there is also a market most days. 







STATUE OF LIBERTY, GROUND ZERO, BOAT BASIN 

I generally try to avoid a lot of overly touristy things but there are some you just have to do. Ground Zero and Lady Liberty fall into this category,  they are just no brainers. If you walk up slightly you'll hit the boat basin which has a cracking view over the river. 



METS GAME

I can't recommend this enough for a real 'American' experience, so much fun! Throw on a baseball cap, get a hot dog and chill out. 







ARTURIOS

Go for huge portions, amazing pizza and authentic NY customers. 

OTHER IDEAS:

Tamrind & Nobu-  Expensive, but amazing. 
Sarabeths-  Go for brekkie 
Soho- The best shopping, amazing food. Jacks Wife Frieda is defiantly worth a visit and The Grey Dog is also incredible. This should really be top of your Downtown list. 
Ellis Island- I didn't actually go, but everyone seems to suggest this! 
Walk along the river in Tribeca. 


Px




You Might Also Like

0 comments